CLIMBING WORLD SAFETY RULES
STAY ALERT DON’T HURT
- DO NOT ENTER THE CLIMBING ARENA UNLESS YOU HAVE HAD A FULL SAFETY BRIEFING.
- CLIMBERS MUST BE AT LEAST 15 KGS AND NO MORE THAN 120KG TO USE THE FACILITIES AT TURBOCLIMB
- FLAT ENCLOSED SHOES ARE REQUIRED. NO LANYARDS OR CHAINS AROUND YOUR NECK. NO HEELS OR LOOSE CLOTHING TO BE WORN.
- DO NOT HELP YOURSELF TO A HARNESS UNLESS INSTRUCTED BY A TURBOCLIMB TEAM MEMBER.
- DO NOT ENTER THE CLIMBING ARENA IF YOU ARE PREGNANT, HAVE A NECK OR BACK INJURY, ARE WEARING A CAST OR SUFFER FROM ANY PHYSICAL INJURY OR DISABILITY. IF UNSURE PLAESE ASK OUR STAFF.
- ONCE A TURBOCLIMB STAFF MEMBER HAS CHECKED YOUR HARNESS AND GIVEN YOU ACCESS TO THE ARENA THEN YOU ARE READY TO CLIMB. IF YOU LEAVE THE ARENA AND RE-ENTER YOUR HARNESS MUST BE CHECKED AGAIN.
- PLEASE TAKE A HELMET IF YOU WISH TO WEAR ONE. IF YOU CANNOT LOCATE ONE, ASK A STAFF MEMBER.
- TO CLIMB YOU NEED TO ATTACH YOUR SPINNER CLIP TO THE LATCH ATTACHED TO THE YELLOW MAT. THE YELLOW HANDLE CAN ONLY BE REMOVED ONCE THE SPINNER CLIP HAS CLICKED IN. THE THE MAT WILL THEN DROP.
- IF YOU ARE STRUGGLING, UNSURE OR NEED ASSISTANCE CLIMBING, RAISE YOUR HAND IN THE AIR TO GET THE ATTENTION OF A STAFF MEMBER.
- NEVER CLIMB A WALL WITHOUT BEING CLIPPED IN TO THE SAFETY DEVICE.
- WHEN YOU ARE CLIMBING AND YOU ARE READY TO COME DOWN, PLEASE CHECK BELOW AND ENSURE THERE IS NO ONE STANDING ON YOUR YELLOW GATE. WHEN SAFE TO DO SO, PUSH BACK OFF THE WALL WITH HANDS AND FEET AND CONTINUE TO DO SO UNTIL THE SELF-DESCENDING SYSTEM HAS SAFELY LOWERED YOU TO GROUND LEVEL. NO TWISTING OR TURNING WHEN RETURNING TO THE GROUND.
- SIMPLY RECONNECT THE YELLOW HANDLE TO THE SELF CLIP IN DEVICE AND OFF YOU GO TO YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE.
- IF THERE IS NO YELLOW GATE UP AGAINST THE WALL, THIS MEANS THAT SOMEONE IS ALREADY CLIMBING THIS WALL. PLEASE STEP BACK AND WAIT FOR THEM TO FINISH THEIR CLIMB.
- NEVER STAND ON A YELLOW MAT OR DIRECTLY UNDERNEATH A WALL UNLESS YOU ARE READY TO CLIMB AND IT IS SAFE TO DO SO.
- CLIMB UPWARDS AND NEVER SIDEWAYS – DO NOT CROSS ONTO SOMEONE ELSES WALL
THE FINE PRINT
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IT’S BORING WE KNOW… BUT NECESSARY
THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS OF SALE WILL APPLY TO AND BIND THE PURCHASER OF ANY DESCRIBED PRODUCT AND SERVICE.
This is an IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY – WAIVER OF RIGHT TO SUE- YOUR ASSUMPTION OF RISK – THESE CONDITIONS AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS!
TurboClimb is the supplier of recreational and entertainment services and facilities, including but not limited to wall climbing equipment rental, the conditions, layout, construction, design and maintenance of the TurboClimb facility. Using the TurboClimb facility is undertaken in accordance with the rules and conditions provided in this document and in safety briefings.
BY PURCHASING A TICKET FOR OR BY USING ANY OF THE FACILITIES AT TURBOCLIMB, THE CUSTOMER AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESES CONDITIONS:
TurboClimb, its employees, directors and agents are not liable to the customer, his or her dependents or legal representatives for personal injury or death suffered by the customer because the recreational activities were not supplied with due care and skill or were not reasonably fit for their purpose or because of the negligence, breach of contract, statute or statutory duty by TurboClimb.
The customer acknowledges that the recreational activities are dangerous with inherent risks and hazards and as a consequence personal injury and sometimes death can occur, and the customer assumes and accepts all such risks and hereby waives the right to sue TurboClimb for any personal injury or death in any way whatsoever caused by or arising from the customer’s participation in such activities.
RISK WARNING: If you participate in these activities your rights to sue the supplier under the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Act 2012, if you are killed or injured because the activities were not supplied with due care and skill or were not reasonably fit for their purpose, are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in paragraphs 1 and 2 of this sign.
PLEASE NOTE: The change to your rights, as set in this form, does not apply if your death or injury is due to gross negligence on the supplier’s part. Gross negligence, in relation to an act or omission, means doing the act or omitting to do an act with reckless disregard, with or without consciousness, for the consequences of the act or omission. See regulation 5 of the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Regulations 2012 and section 23(3)(b) of the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Act 2012.
The customer agrees to pay the cost of and authorises TurboClimb to take all steps it considers reasonably necessary to protect his/her welfare in the event of personal injury, including the administration of any emergency medical treatment and ambulance transportation.
Climbers must be at least 15kgs and no more than 120kg to use the facilities at TurboClimb.
Participants must be in good health and free from any adverse medical conditions. For safety reasons, pregnant women, customers with pre-existing health issues or wearing casts are not permitted on climbing walls. If in doubt please seek medical advice.
While in the TurboClimb venue you consent to images and video being taken for security or promotional purposes of yourself, your children or of children for whom you are responsible.
All tickets remain the property of TurboClimb and cannot be transferred or resold. They are valid only for the date and time booked and are void if tampered with.
The customer must comply with all signs or other directions of TurboClimb and it may suspend or cancel the customer’s access to recreational activities at TurboClimb in its absolute discretion for non-compliance with these conditions, or for reckless or careless conduct.
If you purchase a ticket for use at TurboClimb on behalf of another person, you agree that you make that purchase as the authorised agent of that person so that he/she will be bound by these conditions.
No food or drink is permitted within the Climbing Wall Area of TurboClimb.
a.Is governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales, the Courts of which shall have exclusive jurisdiction, and
b. if any part or provision is determined by a Court to be invalid or unenforceable all other parts and provisions shall still be given full legal force and effect.